This original ‘Colman’s Rice Starch’ enamel advertising sign dates from the 1930s and has substantial wear / rusting in keeping with it’s age and decades of use outside. Featuring a bold blue and white design, this would look fantastic in a contemporary setting.
Colman’s is one of the oldest existing food brands, and founder Jeremiah Colman began making mustard in 1814. IN 1823 he took his adopted nephew, James, into the business which became J. & J. Colman. The business continued to expand and they moved to a large factory on Carrow Road, just south of Norwich, in 1855, and introduced it’s distinctive yellow packaging and bulls head logo. Queen Victoria granted Colman’s the Royal Warrant in 1866, and the royal household continues to use Colman’s mustard even today.
The item may have some wear, including scratches / marks, in keeping with it’s age – please review the photos carefully and contact us for more information prior to purchase if this is of concern to you.
Height: 93cm / Width: 61cm
Out of stock